22nd May, (9th May O.S.):
- BEATUS, (Date unknown.) an early hermit, venerated as the Apostle of Switzerland. His hermitage was at the place now called Beatenberg above the Lake of Thun.
- GERONTIUS, a Bishop of Cervia near Ravenna who was murdered in Cagli on the Flaminian Way, circa 501, which led to him being honoured as a martyr.
- GORFOR, (Date unknown.) the Patron of Llanover in Gwent in Wales.
- GREGORY OF OSTIA, a Bishop of Ostia who a great deal of time in Navarre and Old Castile. He reposed at Logroño circa 1044.
- JOHN OF CHÂLON, the third Bishop of Châlon-sur-Saône. He was consecrated by St. Patiens of Lyons (10th September). St. John reposed circa 475.
- SANCTAN, (Sixth century.) a Bishop of Kill-da-Les and Kill-na-Sanctan near Dublin in Ireland.
- VINCENT, Abbot of St. Peter de Montes in Spain as well as a disciple and successor of St. Gennadius (25th May). He reposed circa 950.
* - Prior to the Schism the Patriarchate of Rome was Orthodox and fully in communion with the Orthodox Church. As Saint John of Shanghai and San Francisco +1966 said "The West was Orthodox for a thousand years, and her venerable Liturgy is far older than any of her heresies."