2nd January (20th December O.S.):
- DOMINIC OF BRESCIA, the successor of St. Anastasius (20th May) as Bishop of Brescia. He reposed circa 612.
- LIBERATUS AND BAJULUS, martyrs venerated in Rome.
- URSICINUS, a bishop of Cahors, who reposed circa 585. He is often mentioned by St. Gregory of Tours (17th November).
- URSICINUS, a disciple of St. Columbanus (2nd February) and founder of the monastery of St. Ursanne, from which the town in Switzerland takes its name. He reposed circa 625.
* - Prior to the Schism the Patriarchate of Rome was Orthodox and fully in communion with the Orthodox Church. As Saint John of Shanghai and San Francisco +1966 said "The West was Orthodox for a thousand years, and her venerable Liturgy is far older than any of her heresies."