3rd January (21st December O.S.):
- BAUDACARIUS, a monk at Bobbio, who reposed in 650.
- BERNWALD (BEORNWALD), an eighth century priest in Bampton Oxfordshire.
- HONORATUS OF TOULOUSE, the successor of St. Saturninus (29th November) as Bishop of Toulouse.
- JOHN VINCENT, a native of Ravenna who became a monk at St. Michael in Chiusa, then a hermit on Monte Caprario, and lastly a bishop nearby. He reposed in 1012.
- JOHN AND FESTUS, martyrs honoured in Tuscany.
- SEVERINUS, a bishop of Trier, who reposed circa 300.
* - Prior to the Schism the Patriarchate of Rome was Orthodox and fully in communion with the Orthodox Church. As Saint John of Shanghai and San Francisco +1966 said "The West was Orthodox for a thousand years, and her venerable Liturgy is far older than any of her heresies."